|Oliver Wendell Holmes|
Author (29-Aug-1809 7-Oct-1894)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
E. E. Brown. Life of Oliver Wendell Holmes. Boston, MA: D. Lothrop Company. 1884. 304pp. A revised edition also published in 1895, of 332pp.
Thomas Franklin Currier; Eleanor M. Tilton (editor). A Bibliography of Oliver Wendell Holmes. New York: New York University Press. 1953. 707pp. For the Bibliographical Society of America.
William C. Dowling. Oliver Wendell Holmes in Paris: Medicine, Theology, and the Autocrat of the Breakfast Table. University Press of New England. 2006. 179pp.
Peter Gibian. Oliver Wendell Holmes and the Culture of Conversation. Cambridge University Press. 2001. 410pp.
Stephen Holmes. The Psychiatric Novels of Oliver Wendell Holmes. New York: Columbia University Press. 1943. 268pp.
Edwin P. Hoyt. The Improper Bostonian: Dr. Oliver Wendell Holmes. New York: William Morrow & Co.. 1979. 319pp.
George B. Ives. A Bibliography of Oliver Wendell Holmes. New York and Boston: Houghton Mifflin Co.. 1907. 322pp.
John Torrey Morse, Jr.. Life and Letters of Oliver Wendell Holmes. Cambridge, MA: Riverside Press. 1896. (2 vols.) 358pp. + 335pp.
Miriam R. Small. Oliver Wendell Holmes. New York: Twayne. 1963.
Eleanor M. Tilton. Amiable Autocrat: A Biography of Dr. Oliver Wendell Holmes. New York: Schuman. 1947. 470pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.551)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.726)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.500)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.338)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.195)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (pp.377-79)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.479)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.343)
- Asimov's Biographical Encyclopedia of Science and Technology (p.240b)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.241)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.303)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.447)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.7)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.224)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications