|Philip Henry Sheridan|
Military (6-Mar-1831 5-Aug-1888)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
James P. Boyd. The Gallant Trooper: General Philip H. Sheridan. Philadelphia: Franklin News. 1888. 224pp.
Frank A. Burr; Richard J. Hinton. "Little Phil" and His Troopers: The Life of Gen. Philip H. Sheridan: Its Romance and Reality: How an Humble Lad Reached the Head of an Army. Providence: J. A. & R. A. Reid. 1888. 445pp.
David Coffey. Sheridan's Lieutenants: Phil Sheridan, His Generals, and the Final Year of the Civil War. Rowman & Littlefield. 2005. 175pp.
Henry E. Davies. General Sheridan. New York: D. Appleton and Company. 1895. 332pp.
Charles Wheeler Denison. Illustrated Life, Campaigns and Public Services of Philip H. Sheridan. Philadelphia: T. B. Peterson & Brothers. 1865. 177pp.
Paul Andrew Hutton. Phil Sheridan and His Army. University of Oklahoma Press. 1999. 479pp.
Julian K. Larke. The Life of Gen. P. H. Sheridan, the Hero of the Shenandoah. New York: T. R. Dawley. 1864. 108pp.
Roy Morris, Jr.. Sheridan: The Life and Wars of General Phil Sheridan. Random House. 1993. 464pp.
Albert Orbaan. Forked Lightning: The Story of General Philip H. Sheridan. Hawthorn Books. 1964. 189pp.
Philip Henry Sheridan. Personal Memoirs of P. H. Sheridan, General, United States Army. New York: Charles L. Webster. 1888. (2 vols.)
Edward J. Stackpole. Sheridan in the Shenandoah: Jubal Early's Nemesis. Stackpole Books. 1992. 429pp.
Eric J. Wittenberg. Glory Enough for All: Sheridan's Second Raid and the Battle of Trevilian Station. University of Nebraska Press. 2007. 391pp.
Eric J. Wittenberg. Little Phil: A Reassessment of the Civil War Leadership of Gen. Philip H. Sheridan. Brassey's. 2002. 250pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.1014)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1341)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.942)
- The Catholic Encyclopedia (vol.13, p.757)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (p.393)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.679)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.665)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.452)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.625)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.291)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.948)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications