Composer (20-Oct-1874 19-May-1954)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
J. Peter Burkholder (editor). Charles Ives and His World. Princeton University Press. 1996. 452pp.
Frank R. Rossiter. Charles Ives and His America. New York: Liveright. 1975. 420pp.
Gayle Sherwood. Charles Ives: A Guide to Research. Routledge. 2002. 243pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.592)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.356)
- Harvard Concise Dictionary of Music and Musicians (p.330)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.340)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.363)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.765)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.535)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.336)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.514)
- The Oxford Dictionary of Music (pp.438-39)
- Portable Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians (pp.128-31)
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians, 8th Edition (p.456)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.254)
- Thames & Hudson Encyclopedia of 20th Century Music (p.98)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.80)
- Encyclopedia of Concert Music (p.221)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications