Novelist, Playwright (14-Aug-1867 31-Jan-1933)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Dudley Barker. The Man of Principle: A View of John Galsworthy. New York: Stein & Day. 1963. 140pp.
Catherine Dupre. John Galsworthy: A Biography. London: Collins. 1976. 315pp.
James Gindin. The English Climate: An Excursion into a Biography of John Galsworthy. University of Michigan Press. 1979.
H. V. Marrot. The Life & Letters of John Galsworthy. London: William Heinemann. 1935.
Earl E. Stevens; H. Ray Stevens. John Galsworthy: An Annotated Bibliography of Writings about Him. De Kalb, IL: Northern Illinois University Press. 1980. 484pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.254)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.243)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.94)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.562)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.95)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.510)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.381)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.193)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (pp.317-18)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.201)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.20)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications