Comic, Actor (17-Jul-1917 20-Aug-2012)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Phyllis Diller; with Richard Buskin. Like A Lampshade in a Whorehouse. Penguin. 2005. 288pp.
Susan Horowitz. Queens of Comedy: Lucille Ball, Phyllis Diller, Carol Burnett, Joan Rivers, and the New Generation of Funny Women. London: Routledge. 1997. 202pp.
Suzanne Lavin. Women and Comedy in Solo Performance: Phyllis Diller, Lily Tomlin, and Rosanne. Taylor & Francis/Routledge. 2004. 176pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.384)
- Quinlan's Illustrated Registry of Film Stars (p.131)
- Current Biography, 1967 Yearbook (pp.98-100)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.142)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.137)
- Celebrity Register 5th Issue (p.154)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.712)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.68)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.334)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications