Poet, Novelist (7-Sep-1885 16-Dec-1928)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Judith Farr. The Life and Art of Elinor Wylie. Louisiana State University Press. 1983. 217pp.
Thomas A. Gray. Elinor Wylie. New York: Twayne. 1969. 171pp.
Evelyn Helmick Hively. A Private Madness: The Genius of Elinor Wylie. Kent State University Press. 2002. 320pp.
Nancy Hoyt. Elinor Wylie: The Portrait of an Unknown Lady. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill Company. 1935. 203pp.
Stanley Olson. Elinor Wylie: A Life Apart: A Biography. New York: Dial Press. 1979. 376pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1587)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1166)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.260)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1556)
- Authors Today and Yesterday (pp.712-15)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.851)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1131)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.817)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.1261)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.1192)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.347)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.945)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications