Critic (11-Jun-1920 5-May-1993)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Edward Alexander. Irving Howe: Socialist, Critic, Jew. Indiana University Press. 1998. 284pp.
Irving Howe. A Margin of Hope: An Intellectual Autobiography. Harcourt. 1984. 372pp.
John Rodden (editor). The Worlds of Irving Howe: The Critical Legacy. Paradigm Publishers. 2004. 380pp.
John Rodden (editor). Irving Howe and the Critics: Celebrations and Attacks. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press. 2005. 237pp.
Gerald Sorin. Irving Howe: A Life of Passionate Dissent. NYU Press. 2002. 386pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.325)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.288)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.348)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.464)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.351)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.199)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.3, p.459)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.112)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications