|Alexandre Dumas père|
Novelist, Playwright (24-Jul-1802 5-Dec-1870)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Arthur Fitzwilliam Davidson. Alexandre Dumas (Père): His Life and Works. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott. 1901. 426pp.
Andre Maurios. The Titans: A Three-Generation Biography of the Dumas. New York: Harper and Brothers. 1957. 508pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.447)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.76)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (pp.242-44)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.296)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.157)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of Foreign Literature (p.72)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.181)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (pp.190-91)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.72)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.28)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.132)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications