|Queen Elizabeth I|
Royalty (7-Sep-1533 24-Mar-1603)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jane Dunn. Elizabeth and Mary: Cousins, Rivals, Queens. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. 2004. 453pp.
Carolly Erickson. The First Elizabeth. Summit Books. 1983. 447pp.
Sarah Gristwood. Elizabeth & Leicester. London: Bantam. 2007. 407pp.
Christopher Hibbert. The Virgin Queen: Elizabeth I, Genius of the Golden Age. Da Capo Press. 1992. 336pp.
Wallace MacCaffrey. Elizabeth I. London: E. Arnold. 1993. 480pp.
J. E. Neale. Queen Elizabeth I: A Biography. Garden City, NY: Doubleday / Anchor. 1957. 424pp.
J. E. Neale. Elizabeth I and Her Parliaments. London: Jonathan Cape. 1953-57. 434pp. + 452pp. Volume I, 1559-1581. Volume II, 1584-1601.
Benton Rain Patterson. With the Heart of a King: Elizabeth I of England, Philip II of Spain, and the Fight for a Nation's Soul and Crown. New York: St. Martin's Press. 2007. 340pp.
Alison Plowden. The Young Elizabeth: The First Twenty-five Years of Elizabeth I. Sutton. 1999 (revised). 216pp.
David Starkey. Elizabeth: The Struggle for the Throne. Scranton, PA: HarperCollins. 2000. 363pp.
David Starkey. Elizabeth: Apprenticeship. London: Chatto & Windus. 2000. 339pp. The period from 1533 to 1558.
Neville Williams. Elizabeth I: Queen of England. London: Sphere Books. 1971. 388pp.
Neville Williams. All The Queen's Men: Elizabeth I and Her Courtiers. Macmillan. 1972. 130pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.474)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.128)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.313)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.166)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.160)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.193)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.335)
- Who's Who in Europe, 1450-1750 (p.100)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.187)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications