|William H. Prescott|
Historian (4-May-1796 28-Jan-1859)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Clinton Harvey Gardiner. William Hickling Prescott: A Biography. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press. 1969.
Clinton Harvey Gardiner (editor). William Hickling Prescott: An Annotated Bibliography of Published Works. Washington, DC: Library of Congress. 1958. 275pp.
Harry Thurston Peck. William Hickling Prescott. New York: Macmillan. 1905. 186pp.
George Ticknor. Life of William Hickling Prescott. Boston: Ticknor and Fields. 1864. 491pp.
Roger Wolcott (editor). Correspondence of William Hickling Prescott, 1833-1847. Boston, MA and New York: Houghton Mifflin. 1925. 691pp. For the Massachusetts Historical Society.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.550)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.822)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.405)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.844)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.359)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications