Anthropologist (9-May-1904 4-Jul-1980)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Mary Catherine Bateson. With a Daughter's Eye: A Memoir of Margaret Mead and Gregory Bateson. New York: William Morrow. 1984. 242pp.
John Brockman (editor). About Bateson: Essays on Gregory Bateson. New York: E. P. Dutton. 1977. 250pp.
Noel G. Charlton. Understanding Gregory Bateson: Mind, Beauty, and the Sacred Earth. SUNY Press. 2008. 276pp.
Peter Harries-Jones. A Recursive Vision: Ecological Understanding and Gregory Bateson. University of Toronto Press. 1995. 358pp.
Jesper Hoffmeyer. A Legacy for Living Systems: Gregory Bateson as Precursor to Biosemiotics. Springer. 2008. 288pp.
David Lipset. Gregory Bateson: The Legacy of a Scientist. Prentice-Hall. 1980. 360pp.
Gerald Sullivan. Margaret Mead, Gregory Bateson, and Highland Bali: Fieldwork Photographs of Bayung Gedé, 1936-1939. University of Chicago Press. 1999. 213pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.47)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.51)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.116)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.45)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.49)
- Thinkers of the Twentieth Century (p.36)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications