Playwright (17-Oct-1813 19-Feb-1837)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Maurice B. Benn. The Drama of Revolt: A Critical Study of Georg Buchner. Cambridge University Press. 1979. 329pp.
James Crighton. Büchner and Madness: Schizophrenia in Georg Büchner's "Lenz" and "Woyzeck". Edwin Mellen Press. 1998. 328pp.
Reinhold Grimm. Love, Lust and Rebellion: New Approaches to Georg Büchner. University of Wisconson Press. 1985.
Jan-Christoph Hauschild. Georg Büchner: Biographie. Stuttgart, Germany: Metzler. 1993. 694pp.
Terence M. Holmes. The Rehearsal of Revolution: Georg Büchner's Politics and his Drama. Pieterlen, Switzerland: Peter Lang. 1995.
Arthur Harold John Knight. Georg Büchner. Oxford, England: Blackwell. 1951.
John Reddick. Georg Büchner: The Shattered Whole. New York, NY: Oxford University Press. 1994. 408pp.
David G. Richards. Georg Büchner's "Woyzeck": A History of Its Criticism. Camden House. 2001. 236pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.223)
- European Authors 1000-1900 (pp.128-29)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.146)
- Atlantic: Brief Lives: A Biographical Companion to the Arts (p.103)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (p.89)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.64)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications