Diplomat, Activist (4-Aug-1904 9-Dec-1971)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jim Haskins. Ralph Bunche: A Most Reluctant Hero. New York: Hawthorn Books. 1974. 134pp.
Jonathan Scott Holloway. Confronting the Veil: Abram Harris, Jr., E. Franklin Frazier, and Ralph Bunche, 1919-1941. University of North Carolina Press. 2002. 320pp.
Ben Keppel. The Work of Democracy: Ralph Bunche, Kenneth B. Clark, Lorraine Hansberry, and the Cultural Politics of Race. Harvard University Press. 1995. 320pp.
Peggy Mann. Ralph Bunche: UN Peacemaker. Coward, McCann & Geoghegan. 1975. 384pp.
Benjamin Rivlin (editor). Ralph Bunche: The Man and His Times. New York: Holmes and Meier. 1990. 279pp.
Brian Urquhart. Ralph Bunche: An American Life. New York: W. W. Norton and Company. 1993. 496pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.150)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.106)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.228)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.151)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.100)
- 100 Greatest African Americans: A Biographical Encyclopedia (pp.72-74)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.77)
- Who's Who in Modern History, 1860-1980 (p.67)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.1, pp.260-62)
- Notable U.S. Ambassadors Since 1775 (pp.43-47)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.37)
- A Dictionary of 20th Century World Biography (Oxford) (p.93)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.168)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications