|William Makepeace Thackeray|
Novelist (18-Jul-1811 24-Dec-1863)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
John Carey. Thackeray: Prodigal Genius. London: Faber and Faber. 1977. 208pp.
Audrey Curling. The Young Thackeray. London: Max Parrish. 1966. 136pp.
Margaret Forster. William Makepeace Thackeray: Memoirs of a Victorian Gentleman. London: Secker & Warburg. 1978. 391pp. Fictionalized autobiography.
Keith Hollingsworth. The Newgate Novel, 1830-1847: Bulwer, Ainsworth, Dickens & Thackeray. Wayne State University Press. 1963. 279pp.
Ann Monsarrat. An Uneasy Victorian: Thackeray the Man, 1811-1863. London: Cassell. 1980. 461pp.
D. J. Taylor. Thackeray: The Life of a Literary Man. New York: Carroll and Graf. 2001.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1444)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.235)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.750)
- A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature (p.377)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.1015)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.479)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.680)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.517)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.26)
- Makers of 19th Century Culture: 1800-1914 (p.449)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications