|William F. Buckley|
Columnist (24-Nov-1925 27-Feb-2008)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Carl T. Bogus. Buckley: William F. Buckley Jr. and the Rise of American Conservatism. Bloomsbury. 2011. 405pp.
Linda Bridges; John R. Coyne, Jr.. Strictly Right: William F. Buckley, Jr. and the American Conservative Movement. John Wiley & Sons. 2007. 358pp.
William F. Buckley. Nearer, My God: An Autobiography of Faith. Doubleday. 1997. 313pp.
William F. Buckley. Miles Gone By: A Literary Autobiography. Washington, DC: Regnery. 2004.
Lee Edwards. William F. Buckley, Jr.: The Maker of a Movement. Wilmington, DE: Intercollegiate Studies Institute. 2010. 208pp.
David Franke (editor). Quotations from Chairman Bill: The Best of Wm. F. Buckley, Jr.. Arlington House. 1970. 306pp.
John B. Judis. William F. Buckley, Jr.: Patron Saint of the Conservatives. New York: Simon and Schuster. 1988. 528pp.
Charles Lam Markmann. The Buckleys: A Family Examined. William Morrow. 1973. 364pp.
John F. McManus. William F. Buckley, Jr.: Pied Piper for the Establishment. John Birch Society. 2002. 259pp.
William F. Meehan; George H. Nash. William F. Buckley, Jr.: A Bibliography. ISI Books. 2002. 316pp.
Mark Royden Winchell. William F. Buckley, Jr.. Twayne. 1984. 167pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Washington Post Obituary [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.148)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.104)
- Who's Who in America 2000 (p.765)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.225)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.149)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.72)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.69)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.232-35)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.98)
- Public Intellectuals: A Study in Decline (p.195)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.228)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.77)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.1, p.379)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.36)
- Biographical Dictionary of Newspaper Columnists (pp.47-48)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.52)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications