Baseball (9-Feb-1914 2-Jan-1986)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Gerald Eskenazi. Bill Veeck: A Baseball Legend. McGraw-Hill. 1987. 182pp.
Bill Veeck; with Edward Linn. Veeck as in Wreck: The Autobiography of Bill Veeck. University of Chicago Press. 2001. 400pp.
Bill Veeck; with Edward Linn. Thirty Tons a Day: The Rough-Riding Education of a Neophyte Racetrack Operator. Viking Press. 1972. 296pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Webster's American Biographies (p.1074)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.756)
- American Lives: Sports (vol.2, p.462)
- ESPN Sports Almanac 2004 (p.542)
- Sports Illustrated 2005 Almanac (p.884)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications