Chemist, Philanthropist (1765 27-Jun-1829)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Nina Burleigh. The Stranger and the Statesman: James Smithson, John Quincy Adams, and the Making of America's Greatest Museum, The Smithsonian. William Morrow. 2003. 298pp.
Heather P. Ewing. The Lost World of James Smithson: Science, Revolution, and the Birth of the Smithsonian. Bloomsbury Publishing. 2007. 432pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1366)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.458)
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientists (p.446)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.141)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications