Novelist, Critic (5-Nov-1926 2-Jan-2017)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Geoff Dyer. Ways of Telling: The Work of John Berger. Pluto Press. 1986. 186pp.
Nikos Papastergiadis. Modernity as Exile: The Stranger in John Berger's Writing. Manchester University Press. 1993. 218pp.
- John Berger: "If I'm a Storyteller It's Because I Listen"
On the eve of his 90th birthday, one of the most influential writers of his generation talks about migration, Brexit, growing old -- and his fondness for texting
by Kate Kellaway. The Guardian, 30-Oct-2016.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- New York Times Obituary [link]
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.116-18)
- World Authors 1970-1975 (pp.67-71)
- The International Who's Who 2001 (p.141)
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.64)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.65)
- The Hutchinson Dictionary of Ideas (p.54)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications