Author (7-Apr-1931 23-Jul-1989)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Helen Moore Barthelme. Donald Barthelme: The Genesis of a Cool Sound. College Station, TX: Texas A&M University Press. 2001.
Lois Gordon. Donald Barthelme. Boston, MA: Twayne Publishers. 1981.
Michael Thomas Hudgens. Donald Barthelme: Postmodernist American Writer. Edwin Mellen Press. 2001. 220pp.
Jerome Klinkowitz; Asa Pieratt; Robert Murray Davis. Donald Barthelme: A Comprehensive Bibliography and Annotated Checklist. Hamden, CT: Archon Press. 1978.
Paul Maltby. Dissident Postmodernists: Barthelme, Coover, Pynchon. University of Pennsylvania Press. 1991. 215pp.
Larry McCaffery. The Metafictional Muse: The Works of Robert Coover, Donald Barthelme and William H. Gass. University of Pittsburgh Press. 1982. 300pp.
Charles F. Molesworth. Donald Barthelme's Fiction: The Ironist Saved from Drowning. University of Missouri Press. 1982.
Richard F. Patteson. Critical Essays on Donald Barthelme. MacMillan Publishing Company. 1992. 220pp.
Barbara L. Roe. Donald Barthelme: A Study of the Short Fiction. New York: Twayne Publishers. 1992.
Wayne B. Stengel. The Shape of Art in the Short Stories of Donald Barthelme. Louisiana State University Press. 1985. 227pp.
Stanley Trachtenberg. Understanding Donald Barthelme. University of South Carolina Press. 1990. 266pp.
Victoria de Zwaan. Interpreting Radical Metaphor in the Novel: Experimental Fictions of Donald Barthelme, Thomas Pynchon, and Kathy Acker. Edwin Mellen Press. 2002. 172pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.49)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.110)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.21)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.90-92)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.57)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.33)
- Celebrity Register 4th Issue (p.31)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.81)
- World Authors 1950-1970 (pp.119-21)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.42)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.18)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.2)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications