Activist, Author (30-Nov-1936 12-Apr-1989)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Abbie Hoffman. The Autobiography of Abbie Hoffman. New York: Four Walls Eight Windows. 2000. 328pp.
Jack Hoffman; Daniel Simon. Run Run Run: The Lives of Abbie Hoffman. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. 1994. 380pp.
Marty Jezer. Abbie Hoffman: American Rebel. Rutgers University Press. 1992. 345pp.
Jonah Raskin. For the Hell of It: The Life and Times of Abbie Hoffman. University of California Press. 1996. 315pp.
Larry Sloman. Steal This Dream: Abbie Hoffman and The Countercultural Revolution in America. New York: Doubleday. 1998. 437pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.316)
- Celebrity Register 3rd Issue (p.237)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.340)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.240)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.2, p.419)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.2, pp.423-25)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2020 Soylent Communications