|John Jacob Astor|
Business (17-Jul-1763 29-Mar-1848)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Justin Kaplan. When the Astors Owned New York: Blue Bloods and Grand Hotels in a Gilded Age. New York: Viking. 2006. 196pp.
Axel Madsen. John Jacob Astor: America's First Multimillionaire. New York: John Wiley & Sons. 2001. 312pp.
James P. Ronda. Astoria and Empire. University of Nebraska Press. 1990. 400pp.
Arthur D. Howden Smith. John Jacob Astor: Landlord of New York. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott Company. 1929.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.44)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.72)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.43)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.26)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.25)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.32)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.12)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications