|Julia Ward Howe|
Activist, Songwriter (27-May-1819 17-Oct-1910)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Deborah Pickman Clifford. Mine Eyes Have Seen the Glory: A Biography of Julia Ward Howe. Boston: Little, Brown and Company. 1979. 313pp.
Mary H. Grant. Private Woman, Public Person: An Account of the Life of Julia Ward Howe from 1819-1868. Brooklyn, NY: Carlson Publishers. 1994.
Florence Howe Hall. Julia Ward Howe and the Woman Suffrage Movement. Boston: Dana Estes & Co.. 1913. 241pp.
Laura E. Richards; Maud Howe Elliott. Julia Ward Howe, 1819-1910. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Company. 1915. (2 vols.) 392pp. + 434pp.
Laura E. Richards. Two Noble Lives: Samuel Gridley Howe, Julia Ward Howe: By Their Daughter. Boston, MA: Dana Estes & Co.. 1911. 76pp.
Louise Hall Tharp. Three Saints and a Sinner: Julia Ward Howe, Louisa, Annie and Sam Ward. Boston & Toronto: Little, Brown & Co.. 1956. 406pp.
Gary Williams. Hungry Heart: The Literary Emergence of Julia Ward Howe. University of Massachusetts Press. 1999. 288pp.
Valarie H. Ziegler. Diva Julia: The Public Romance and Private Agony of Julia Ward Howe. New York: Continuum International Publishing Group. 2003. 228pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Internet Broadway Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.568)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.739)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.513)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.348)
- American Authors 1600-1900 (p.391)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.487)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.351)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.245)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.460)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.544)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.402)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.7)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications