|De Witt Clinton|
Politician (2-Mar-1769 11-Feb-1828)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Dorothie Bobbé. De Witt Clinton. Minton, Balch & Company. 1933. 308pp.
William W. Campbell. The Life and Writings of De Witt Clinton. Baker and Scribner. 1849. 381pp.
Evan Cornog. The Birth of Empire: DeWitt Clinton and the American Experience, 1769-1828. Oxford University Press. 1998. 224pp.
Craig Hanyan. De Witt Clinton: Years of Molding, 1769-1807. Garland. 1988. 429pp.
Howard Lee McBain. DeWitt Clinton and the Origin of the Spoils System in New York. Columbia University Press. 1907. 161pp.
James Renwick. Life of Dewitt Clinton. Harper & Brothers. 1840. 334pp.
Steven E. Siry. De Witt Clinton and the American Political Economy: Sectionalism, Politics, and Republican Ideology, 1787-1828. Peter Lang. 1990. 376pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Congressional Biography [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.215)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.321)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.208)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.140)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.174)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.50)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.169)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications