Author, Journalist (19-Feb-1902 27-Dec-1992)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Thomas Carl Austenfeld. American Women Writers and the Nazis: Ethics and Politics in Boyle, Porter, Stafford, and Hellman. University Press of Virginia. 2001. 189pp.
Elizabeth S. Bell. Kay Boyle: A Study of the Short Fiction. Old Tappan, NJ: Macmillan. 1992. 173pp.
Clark Chambers. Kay Boyle: A Bibliography. New Castle, DE: Oak Knoll Press. 2001. 360pp.
Marilyn Elkins (editor). Critical Essays on Kay Boyle. Twayne. 1997. 316pp.
Marilyn Roberson Elkins. Metamorphosizing the Novel: Kay Boyle's Narrative Innovations. Peter Lang. 1993. 208pp.
Zofia P. Lesinska; Hans H. Rudnick (editors). Perspectives of Four Women Writers on the Second World War: Gertrude Stein, Janet Flanner, Kay Boyle, and Rebecca West. Peter Lang. 2002.
Joan Mellen. Kay Boyle: Author of Herself. New York: Farrar, Straus and Company. 1994. 670pp.
Sandra W. Spanier. Kay Boyle: Artist and Activist. Southern Illinois University Press. 1986. 261pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Public Information Research Namebase [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.91)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.194)
- Contemporary Novelists (pp.154-58)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.173)
- Authors Today and Yesterday (pp.85-87)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.91)
- Twentieth Century Authors, First Supplement (p.109)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.129)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.81)
- Biographical Dictionary of the Left (vol.3, pp.252-53)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.126)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.131)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.30)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications