|Alexander the Great|
Royalty, Military (Jul-356 BC 10-Jun-323 BC)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Norman F. Cantor. Alexander the Great: Journey to the End of the Earth. Harper Collins. 2005. 180pp.
Paul Cartledge. Alexander the Great: The Hunt for a New Past. London: MacMillan. 2004. 330pp.
Donald W. Engels. Alexander the Great and the Logistics of the Macedonian Army. University of California Press. 1978. 194pp.
Peter Green. Alexander of Macedon, 356-323 BC: A Historical Biography. University of California. 1991. 617pp.
Guy MacLean Rogers. Alexander: The Ambiguity of Greatness. Westminster, MD: Random House Inc.. 2004. 420pp.
Ian Worthington. Alexander the Great: Man and God. Longman Publishing Group. 2004.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Library of Congress Name Authority [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition
- Random House Dictionary of World Biography (p.11)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.30)
- Harper Encyclopedia of Military Biography (p.27)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.9)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.23)
- The MacMillan Dictionary of Military Biography (pp.9-10)
- Concise Biographical Dictionary of Famous Men and Women (p.13)
- Who's Who in the Greek World (pp.9-12)
- Legends in Their Own Time (p.5)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications