Film Director (26-Apr-1897 14-Jan-1987)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Jon Halliday (editor). Sirk on Sirk: Interviews with Jon Halliday. Viking Press. 1972. 176pp.
Barbara Klinger. Melodrama and Meaning: History, Culture, and the Films of Douglas Sirk. Indiana University Press. 1994. 200pp.
Michael Stern. Douglas Sirk. Twayne Publishers. 1979. 226pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- The Film Encyclopedia, 5th Edition (p.1299)
- Cassell Companion to Cinema (p.515)
- Chambers Film and TV Handbook (p.309)
- The Encyclopedia of Film (p.501)
- The New Biographical Dictionary of Film (pp.814-16)
- The Hollywood.com Guide to Film Directors (p.790)
- The St. James Encyclopedia of Film Directors (pp.468-70)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.456)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture (vol.4, p.416)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications