Poet (9-Feb-1874 12-May-1925)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Richard Benvenuto. Amy Lowell. Boston, MA: Twayne. 1985.
S. Foster Damon. Amy Lowell: A Chronicle: With Extracts From Her Correspondence. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Company. 1935. 773pp.
Jean Gould. Amy: The World of Amy Lowell and the Imagist Movement. New York: Dodd, Mead & Co.. 1975. 372pp.
Horace Gregory. Amy Lowell: Portrait of the Poet in Her Time. New York: Thomas Nelson & Sons. 1958. 213pp.
E. Claire Healy; Keith Cushman (editors). Letters of D. H. Lawrence & Amy Lowell: 1914-1925. Santa Barbara, CA: Black Sparrow Press. 1985. 143pp.
C. David Heymann. American Aristocracy: The Lives and Times of James Russell, Amy, and Robert Lowell. New York: Dodd, Mead & Company. 1980. 561pp.
Harley Farnsworth MacNair (editor). Florence Ayscough & Amy Lowell: Correspondence of a Friendship. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press. 1945. 288pp.
Glenn Richard Ruihley. The Thorn of a Rose: Amy Lowell Reconsidered. Hamden, CT: Archon Books. 1975. 191pp.
Sonja Samberger. Artistic Outlaws: The Modernist Poetics of Edith Sitwell, Amy Lowell, Gertrude Stein and H. D.. LIT Verlag Berlin-Hamburg-Münster. 2005. 328pp.
Clement Wood. Amy Lowell: A Critical Study. New York, NY: Harold Vinal. 1926. 185pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of American Writers
- Encyclopedia of American Biography (p.709)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.430)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.920)
- Webster's American Biographies (p.652)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.852)
- Authors Today and Yesterday (pp.421-24)
- The Oxford Companion to American Literature, 5th Edition (p.448)
- Who's Who in Lesbian & Gay Writing (p.122)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.617)
- Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography (p.455)
- International Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.289)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.310)
- Concise Dictionary of American Biography (p.589)
- The Feminist Companion to Literature in English (p.671)
- Who's Who in Twentieth-Century World Poetry (p.193)
- Northeastern Dictionary of Women's Biography (p.334)
- Oxford Companion to Women's Writing in the United States (p.532)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.9)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2019 Soylent Communications