Playwright (30-Mar-1880 18-Sep-1964)
SUBJECT OF BOOKS
Ronald Ayling; Michael J. Durkan. Sean O'Casey: A Bibliography. London: Macmillan. 1978. 411pp.
David Krause. Sean O'Casey: The Man and His Work. London: MacGibbon & Kee. 1960. 340pp. Also a second edition in 1975.
Christopher Murray. Sean O'Casey: Writer At Work. Gill & MacMillan. 2004. 590pp.
George Joseph Watson. Irish Identity and the Literary Revival: Synge, Yeats, Joyce and O'Casey. Croom Helm. 1979. 336pp.
Below are references indicating presence of this name in another database or other
reference material. Most of the sources listed are encyclopedic in nature but might be
limited to a specific field, such as musicians or film directors. A lack of listings
here does not indicate unimportance -- we are nowhere near finished with this portion
of the project -- though if many are shown it does indicate a wide recognition
of this individual.
- NNDB [link]
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Online [link]
- Internet Movie Database [link]
- Wikipedia [link]
- 20th Century Culture: A Biographical Companion (p.562)
- International Dictionary of 20th Century Biography (p.526)
- Chambers Biographical Dictionary, 5th Edition (p.1096)
- Penguin Companion to the Arts in the Twentieth Century (p.503)
- New York Public Library Literature Companion (p.178)
- Twentieth Century Authors (p.1039)
- Benet's Readers Encyclopedia, 4th Edition (p.744)
- Hutchinson Paperback Dictionary of Biography (p.275)
- Obituaries from the Times 1961-1970 (p.597)
- The Reader's Encyclopedia of World Drama (pp.608-09)
- The Penguin Companion to English Literature (p.395)
- The World Almanac Biographical Dictionary (p.23)
Do you know something we don't?
Submit a correction or make a comment about this profile
Copyright ©2014 Soylent Communications